Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gratitude for the Present.

I love you Mondo. I was called to be grateful for my present time which is indeed a weak spot. I look at the past with rose colored glasses, even when it wasn't so great when I was living it. I look to the future as something to soon be great, even though I know it will not only be so great. 

I look at my present as moments that need to pass. Never really happy to be in it. I usually want to be somewhere else. Even when in the past I had wished to be right where I am now. 

The present is a time that I wait to go away, and I am rarely grateful to be in it. Let's face it. I've got a lot of stuff. And I want most of it to go away, even though I know that they won't. But today I was asked to be thankful for my present, to be present in my present. It's rough, but it's necessary. It's what I have to do. Because I am missing my life away, waiting for something better, something brighter, something newer, something else, something more. I've been missing the something that I've got and that it's good enough. 

Good enough, for the present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment