Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Still Crazy After All These Years


How do you manage to spy into my mind? Today's Love Letter came right on time- just as I dissected every last moment of the conversations I have had with a boy I like. What did this mean- what did that. Will he call- blah blah blah. See I have been driven crazy.

I have been made mad by the men in my life. And even though they are in my past- they continue to screw with my present. That is- until now. Right now. That ends here. 

Mondo asked us how we can move toward love, gentleness, and calm today. This is how- I can bury these boys. Here are their eulogies.

Dear S: You started this roller coaster. You never gave me a sense of safety, love, or home. You are a twisted man who twisted me. I now have the burden of untwisting for the rest of my life.

Dear N: I will always love you for being my first love, but you did wrong by me. You cheated. And you mind gamed and made me feel I was wrong when you were cheating on me. You began me on a bad love road. You may have loved me as you say, but you didn't do it right.

Dear NA: I loved you fully and you used me. You knew I loved you and it served you. You let me fall deeper and deeper and left me crying at an airport.

Dear J: I thought you would never hurt me. I loved your safety and loyalty. Until you came home one night coked to the gills and screaming. You made me feel unsafe, and that I could never really trust anyone again.

Dear JM: You were my breath of fresh air, this dream come to life. But it was all a lie. I cleaned out half of my apartment and waited for you to move in. But you never came. I found out you moved in with your girlfriend of 4 years. I went into shock and needed medical attention.

Dear A: You came looking for me and made me think I found new love. Real love. You lied. 

Dear C: I finally thought this was it, instead it was more of the same. You couldn't stand up and be the man I needed. You betrayed me and were more of a baby than our lost child.

Dear AC: You came into my life to expose the crime I endured. After surviving a violent attempted rape, I could barely take you sleeping with me and never calling again.

I have got to get the courage to let you all go- all of you and what you have done to me. I can't let you ruin me or my chance at happiness. I've got to have the courage to believe in goodness and love.

And believe that these things can happen to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment