Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dear Old Friend...

I was called upon today to think about Tribe. Inviting people into your life. Inviting them the right way. But all I think of is my old best friend. She was more than my friend, she was closer to me than my bones. She was my heart, my smile, and for a while, my life. 

As life goes, sometimes you go one way, another goes another way. And that is that. We had a terrible falling out and haven't spoken in three years. After three years I miss her more. It is hard to know that I will probably never see her again, talk with her, have a birthday visit. Today I was called upon to think about Tribe. So today, I will honor a lost member and clear space for a new one.

Dear Old Friend,

I'm sure that you know that I miss you terribly. And I do. I miss you everyday and dream about you most nights. I dream of seeing you and hugging you and crying. I wake up missing you and our friendship. 

I miss having a friend who really knows me. Who has seen me at my best and worst in 12 hours flat. Who makes me laugh by saying nothing. Who makes watching television an art form. 

I miss taking silly photos in snow storms. I miss being me with you. I miss our friendship and hope that I won't miss you forever. I hope to one day see you again and that one that day we will be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment